Sunday, September 27, 2009

step back

Friday my friend invited me to go to a consignment sale for baby stuff. All things in my life are contingent on if the baby comes or not. Friday was my due date but I have been at a finger tip since August. So, I went.

I was looking for a bumper for the crib and maybe a baby book. I've been really lucky and blessed. I haven't had to spend too much money on all this baby stuff. Well, I found the bumper in five minutes looked around and decided to get in line. In the LONG line there were these booths where people were set up to sell baby stuff. I was am as big as a house now so EVERYBODY asked me when I was due:
"So, when are you due?"
me: "today"

They proceed to literally take a step back as if I was going to pop a baby out then and there. I think I scared them. I mean most of these people are mothers and should know it is not this instant thing. As much as I wish it was. I have never had that kind of reaction from people.
I think that's why I don't leave the house anymore:)

Well, we are doing great. I have another appointment tomorrow. If all goes as planned we should have the baby by Tuesday! My mom is coming to help too. I can't believe it's me this time. Pray for me the baby and Matt too.
Pictures will be posted here.

3 comments:

Sonia @ My Sweet Monkey said...

It's funny how people react to your situation. Maybe they thought if you mentioned it, your water would break! Good Luck and I'll be thinking and praying for you guys!

jaymzdene said...

I will be praying for the safe arrival of your little girl and for you and Matt as well. I can't wait to see pictures. The labor part is not as much fun as seeing your little girl but its all worth it.

Texas Harveys said...

That's funny and really very typical. People are silly! Hope you don't have to wait too much longer to hold your precious one!