Tuesday, August 6, 2013

Summer updates


There are a lot of pictures that cover a lot of activities.  Enjoy whatever part you like; the pics or the story or both.  :) 


The kids took swim lessons for a couple weeks.  They still are not independent swimmers but it gave them more confidence and abilities.  It was fun to have people come up to me and tell me how cute my kids are.  Marissa got to go on her own and Anson and I did it together.  Sorry no pic of me in my maternity suit.  NOT GONNA HAPPEN, so, don't ask. 
Matt's birthday: 
 Matt wanted to spend his day with the kids so that's what we did.  We went to the Austin Children's Museum 



They had a display on nano technologies.  That is kinda right up Matt's ally.  He was trying to show the kids how it works.  Anson tried to throw the carbon cells.  Oh, well.  


This is a cute pic of some cousins. It was fun to have them together.  This is the only one that I could get with Anson laying down.  
Of course Marissa couldn't be left out of the photo session.  
 The men with their sons 
 Plus, Marissa





 Anson is no longer a baby. He often wakes up and plays by himself till Marissa wakes up.  He is getting good at building towers.  He gets really upset when they fall.  But, he is getting better.

He is also obsessed with the vacuum! He cries when I put it away.  
 I have learned to vacuum when he is awake and then let him pretend to do it himself.  
 I let him push the vacuum to the closet. He also likes the broom.   
 I was at church and someone was talking about how they had this epiphany about how it can be more fulfilling to plan your days around activities around your kids instead of cleaning your house.  She used vacuuming as an example.  I think in our case vacuuming is the activity.  




No comments: