Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Push over

As my siblings can and will attest to I am no push over.  But, I don't know if I want to teach Marissa to be as bossy/pushy as me.  Right now her personality is fun and happy.
However, we have been having some problems when it comes to interacting with other kids her age.  They push her.  At church she goes to nursery and it is mostly boys.  One boy started pushing her and then the others started to also.  :(  It was a day when Matt was in there. So, I don't know what else could be done except keep the kids separated.  He said the boy would come out of no where and just push her.  She would fall down and just look at him trying to figure out what was going on.  
Another day we were at the library and Marissa was playing with some blocks.  Some boy just came up and pushed her.  She just look at him.  He was scolded by his dad. 
There was another time when she was running around in an empty gym and there were only 4 kids in there. They were just running back and forth.  Well, the 2  yr old boy stopped running to come over and push her.  She looked at him and kept going.  So strange.
I think it has to do with her being smaller. But I don't know.  I'm wondering if it would be better if she would cry or push back.  But that seems harsh.  Teaching a 21month old to push? 

Today, we went to the library again.  There was a little girl about Marissa's age that was acting like she owned the place.  Marissa went to go sit in the little rocking chair to read a book.  The little girl was mad that someone was in the chair and was fast approaching.  Marissa looked to me for some cue so I smiled.  Marissa looked at the little girl smiled and said "Hi"  The girl said hi and Marissa made an instant friend.

  So, I've been worried and trying to figure out what to do.  But, confidence and a smile makes all the difference.   

1 comment:

healthygarcia said...

I love the ending to that story! I thought Marissa was going to learn to fight! Good job, Mommy!