

10. Four in the morning tacos have a whole different meaning then when I was single. I can't believe how hungry I get in the middle of the night. It used to be after I would go dancing or do stuff the tacos were the after party. Now the tacos are the necessity. Whatever I can stuff in the tortilla works.
9. She is hungry at the same time I am. She could look asleep but as soon as I put a fork up to my mouth she is hungry too. It never fails. Which brings me to number 8.
8. I'm glad I'm left handed. As a left handed person I have learned to do things with both hands my whole life out of necessity. So, I can hold her with one hand and eat with the other.
7. I'm grumpy when I don't sleep. I kinda knew that before. Matt really knew that before. But, this experience is teaching me that I maybe should leave the room when there are people over. Or I might say something too sarcastic.
6. I think her cry is cute. I mean the warm up cry not the I'm so upset where are you cry but the i'm starting to get hungry pay attention to me cry.
5. There are different kinds of crys.
4. C-section does not mean failure. As much as I felt like a failure when we turned to that option I got a beautiful baby girl. And, anything that can result in that is not failure.
3. I appreciate my mom. I thought I did before but I am starting to understand what a sacrifice all moms go through in life. It is humbling.
2. A walk around the block is a work out! I have been walking around the block. I used to run often. I mean I'm no Matt. But I used to be strong. Now I am really happy if I put some real pants on and walk around my block.
1. I am happy! Though, having a new born is hard, I can't help but smile and tell her I love her 50 times a day.
4 comments:
She is so precious!! I want to hear your birth story (if you don't mind sharing it). Did you end up getting a C-section?, i think I read that right. I hope you have a speedy recovery, I remember when walking around the block and putting on regular pants was an accomplishment...it seems so long ago. I also remember when lack of sleep equalled grumpy Sandra..hahaha...that also seems so long ago... good times.. Love you lots.
All of those are so true. Especially being humbled by your child. What a darling!
I want to hear you birth story as well if you don't mind sharing it. I loved everything you wrote it is all so true. She is such a cutie. Enjoy your time with each other cause they grow up too fast.
Post a Comment